POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 16 Jan 2009 19:20:46
Message: <4971245e@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
  > Again, a popular press article with no actual science described.
> Given that the expected number of people died (namely, 4), what's the
> statistical likelyhood that the four that died were people not prayed for?
>
> Even given that, what makes you think it's supernatural?  Arguing that
> prayer leads to healing is like arguing that evolution doesn't explain
> some feature found in animals - in neither case is the existence of God
> implied.

nor denied, and as I write before, this probably will never be proved or
discarded. I just google this for you, I hadn't even read them, forgot
to say that.

That said, I believe that even can do supernatural achievements on
extreme situations, as I wrote before, I don't think is totally our
merit but a little help from God. Think about one of those extreme
situations I described... you wouldn't hold to any peace of belief/faith
you can grasp? I imagine the mother saying to God: "OK God, you better
give me a hand here because I'm going to rescue mu child or die
trying...". On moments like that you have no doubts, you belief what you
have secured as worth believe/have faith in. Of course I could be
mistaken, but if I were the mother I'd say those words with all the
conviction and faith I could get and try to do what she did, no room for
rationality, just pure love for my child., but that's me...