POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : You know you've been working in a lab too long when... : Re: You know you've been working in a lab too long when... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: You know you've been working in a lab too long when...
From: Mike Hough
Date: 16 Jan 2009 17:19:54
Message: <4971080a$1@news.povray.org>
news:4970b1bf$1@news.povray.org...
> 1. You wonder what absolute alcohol tastes like with orange juice

Have no idea but it is pretty good with fruit punch

> 3. You can't watch CSI without cursing at least one scientific inaccuracy

The PCR on the show takes way too long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iFDphWXjw4

> 5. Liquid nitrogen is only about a 1/3 as dangerous as you thought

and you are about 1/4 as careful as you should be with it

> 7. Accident reports are a badge of honour

Lab work is boring...accidents are the only excitment we get in a day

> 10. You've worked out that a trained chimp could probably do 90% of your
> job

We already hire trained chimps. They are called undergrads

> 16. Safety equipment is optional unless it makes you look cool

This was obviously written by one of my students

> 17. Warning labels invoke curiosity rather than caution

They never tell you what TYPE of cancer it will give you...

> 22. You've used dry ice to cool beer down

or liquid nitrogen to make ice cream...

> 26. Your slightly too fond of the smell of (pick one or many)
> Xylene/Agar/Ethanol/Alcoholic handwash

Xylene/Agar no. Ethanol is nice tho

> 35. You've removed your gloves to find a small hole which has left you
> with either - wrinkly old person hands, a brightly coloured finger
> (histologists especially) or a burning sensation and dermatitis and some
> point.

Yup