POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Frustration : Re: Frustration Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frustration
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Jan 2009 14:32:14
Message: <4970e0be$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> simulated, the math and physics are the same for the airfoil.  But for
> the person doing simulation, there's this thing called a library that we
> can link into to figure out the fancy math for us - so we don't need to
> memorise arcane formulae.  We just need to know the inputs to a function
> and the outputs from a function.

I'm playing devil's advocate a bit, but ... what if there is no such
library that would give you the values you need regarding lift, etc.
What if part of what you need to do in the simulation is to create these
calculations? Then you must certainly know these arcane formulae.

Granted, if something is needed enough, you won't be the first person to
do it and a solution will be available...

--
~Mike