POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 08:21:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jan 2009 12:12:08
Message: <4970bfe8$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> I think you are missing at least one other 'pole' i.e. those that think
> they have a purpose in life. I have met a fairly large group of
> religious people that feel responsible for their neighbours and the
> earth in general.

Me too. They passed Proposition 8.

> That is not because there is a God that is going to
> count every action when they die and will punish them if the score is
> negative.

No, it's because they think they should be God's hand on Earth, like God
isn't strong enough to actually enforce his own rules, and they need to do
it for him. Which is one part that always boggled my mind.

> If you leave out this group of spiritual people in your analysis you do
> the religious people unjustice.

As opposed to the injustice the religious people do in the name of their
religion?

 > Note that nearly every new religious
> group starts here

Those "new" religions being, what, Scientology and Mormonism?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?