POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Slightly worrying : Re: Slightly worrying Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slightly worrying
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2009 12:50:54
Message: <496f777e$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> I typically only run tests like that if I'm actually having a problem.

Me too. I do it once when I get the machine, since if it's DOA, I want to
know. And I generally do a fsck or a chkdsk or whatever before doing a full
backup. Other than that...

> But anyway, this server was purchased in the USA and arrived in my
> server room fully configured. As in, it came through the door, was
> plugged in, and has been in production use ever since.

That can slow you down. Maybe clonked up in shipping?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?