POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I think this pretty much sums up what I dislike about most Java libraries : Re: I think this pretty much sums up what I dislike about most Java libraries Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think this pretty much sums up what I dislike about most Java libraries
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2009 12:46:10
Message: <496f7662$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I have encountered this problem myself in a project I was working.

Same here. The one major program we hired a consultant to do at the last job
needed to simply read a config file, then read from  N streams on a device
driver and stuff them into a database as the data came in. Something like 30
classes to do that, because each bit had its own abstract memory manager
class and then the class that actually did work then yadda yadda. I would
want to change something after he left, and it would take me like an hour to
track down where he parsed the value of a config variable (and this is
simple name=value\nname=value\n... sort of thing). You'd think given the
names, you'd be able to, like, grep for the name in the source code and
track it from there, wouldn't you?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?