POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jan 2009 12:35:03
Message: <496f73c7$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> And *all* of them targetting graduates with no experience.

I saw a job advertised as needing people capable of designing and
implementing robust, scalable systems capable of high-throughput transaction
processing. Nobody with more than 2 years experience should apply.  WTF?

> I don't think any human being even looked at my CV. I think they did an
> automated search of the electronic details I submitted and their
> computer failed to find the magic keyword it was looking for, so they
> sent me an autogenerated rejection email.

I now have a section at the bottom of my resume that lists all the keywords.
Basically, a blob of buzzwords in a section marked "resume search criteria".
I started that when I got rejected for a job that needed knowledge of ISO
protocols and I had listed that I knew the full OSI suite.  (Kind of like
getting rejected because you don't know TCP/IP, you only know Internet
protocols.)

> I'm seriously considering either replying to their email or phoning them
> to enquire why they're not interested. I though I'd actually be quite
> useful to them, given what I know and what I'm capable (and motivated)
> of learning.

I would phone them up and ask whether perhaps they've misconfigured their
software to automatically send out rejection notices, and maybe that's why
they're not getting any decent candidates. ;-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?