POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jan 2009 08:09:30
Message: <496f358a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Question: How rare is it to get a first?
>
> First-class honours: about 11%
> Upper second-class honours: about 45%
> Lower second-class honours: about 30%
> Third-class honours: about 7.2%
> Ordinary degree: around 10% transfer to the Ordinary degree
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_undergraduate_degree_classification

Hmm, one in ten isn't all that rare I guess. (I was told that something
like 6 people in the whole of the UK get one each year. Clearly this is
not correct. Wikipedia is always right.)

Also... apparently 2:1 is *the* most common ranking.

>> I'm just really frustrated and upset right now. Hopefully I'll get over
>> it later.
>
> Understandable, I'm sure that you will.

Heh, we'll see. I hope so...

>> My point is that knowing, rationally, that something is true doesn't
>> necessarily help you *believe* it.
>
> Again, true.

And that's the problem, right there.

> Being brave is feeling scared and still carrying on. (Or is that stupid?) :)

I guess it depends on whether, rationally, it's a sensible thing to be
doing? :-)