POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: FATALITY! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: FATALITY!
From: Invisible
Date: 15 Jan 2009 06:09:28
Message: <496f1968$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> I wouldn't call a 2:1 nearly failing and you got your degree which is more than
> I ever did.

Every term my grades got lower and lower. It was just a matter of time
before I started failing modules right, left and center. Fortunately the
course finished shortly before I arrived at that stage.

Looking at the transcript, most of my grades were very low, except for a
few A+ and A* grades for subjects that had some actual technical
content. I guess that should be encouraging... except that these days
employers seem to care about project management skills far more than
technical ability. (And social skills rank higher yet.)

> It is hard to finish projects when you don't have the motivation, we all know
> that.

Yeah, well, employers want finished items. They aren't impressed if you
don't finish a project because you "got bored of it".

> Who said that you were an excellent writer and why can't you write
> reports? That is something that comes with practice and tutelage.

People here keep trying to tell me I'm an excellent writing and I should
go into technical writing and all this kind of thing. But then, some of
these same people seem to delight in repeatedly pointing out the
(self-evident) fact that I can't spell. And the number of reports at uni
that were down-marked for being "poorly written" is staggering.

>> Who the hell am I trying to kid? I'm nobody!
>
> If you are nobody then why does everyone here spend their time with you?

I'm really not sure sometimes. Maybe because I'm amusing or something?

> Don't despair things can get better only if you don't give up.

I don't know if you'll understand this, but... when failure is all
you've ever experienced in life, it can be really, *really* hard to
believe that success is actually possible. Everything I have ever
experienced tells me that failure is inevitable. It's hard-wired into my
very notion of what the real world "is". It's very hard to see past
that. (No matter how logically "obvious" it may be.)