POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : beta 30 Pause broken when animation rendering : beta 30 Pause broken when animation rendering Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:08:06 EDT (-0400)
  beta 30 Pause broken when animation rendering
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jan 2009 20:53:36
Message: <496e9720$1@news.povray.org>
This seemed a familiar problem from the past but I didn't find any reference
to it here, except for changes.txt stating beta 4 had improved cancel/pause
(possibly something related in beta 20 too?).

There could be some difference between parsing and rendering when Pause is
used, but I experienced both cause POV to stop without any error messages.
Must exit and wait for Windows to ask what to do.

Not getting the same when non-animations are Paused, so that seems OK.

And, strange coincidence or not, I was going to check this in
3.6.1c.icl8.w32 and it won't even start animations. I tried one as simple as
this to find out if it always happens:

//cmd:-w320 -h240 -ki0 -kf1 -kfi1 -kff50

sphere { <1-clock,0,3>, 1 pigment { rgb 1 } finish {ambient 1}}

Haven't done this using my other computer with XP so this was in Vista.
Fairly certain this wasn't happening in times past.
AMD Turion X2 dual core processor, if that matters.

Bob