POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Slightly worrying : Re: Slightly worrying Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slightly worrying
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jan 2009 12:55:17
Message: <496e2705$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> And it's a nearly brand-new Dell PowerEdge!

We had awful luck with brand new Dell PowerEdge machines. We bought six or
eight of them, and at least half had hardware failures within the first
month or so. Both drive controllers and motherboards needing to be replaced,
etc.

> Damn... I was going to take that thing home with me. (Since HQ IT thinks
> it's worthless.) But I won't bother if it doesn't even work properly.

Open it up and scavenge!

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?