POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 14 Jan 2009 04:30:21
Message: <496db0ad@news.povray.org>
OK Darren, I see how you see me now, and I'm not a pretentious
religious/spiritual prick that thinks that anyone not believing in some
sort of divinity is a stupid of some kind, inferior or with less dignity
  than anyone deserves. I might be a little obnoxious at some point
assuming too much and for that I apologize.

By the way everyone here expresses their thoughts and beliefs I think
you all are very educated and smart people, no doubt, and my intention
was never to offend or humiliate anyone or anyone's beliefs if I did,
again, I sincerely beg your pardon.

I would like to clarify my intentions:
I'm not trying to prove you wrong and me right, is not about that is
just I believe that there is a spiritual world and yes I'd like you to
see it and believe it too, but not because of I'm right and "you are
just too stupid to see it", no, not at all, is just because I
think/believe is there and would like to you to see it too, that is all.

And this is the breaking point I think because nobody can actually show
it to you or anybody else and is only rational to not believe is such a
world, I understand that that is your point of view and I'm fine with
it. All I'm writing about it is that is not something you think and you
find, see? you think I was always a believer? you think I didn't have
the same doubts and logical analysis of this stuffs and I found myself
annoyingly and completely out of place in the middle of believers? I did
and is just the wrong approach towards it, is not something you think or
just a feeling is something you experience and realize it has to be God
and there is the testimonials of other people that some you realize are
just delusional and some that makes you think that it must be God that
helped/manifested/spoke to that person.

Those are only other's experiences until something happens to you and
you know that you were blind to some stuff that were there the whole
time, and you didn't see it because you didn't looked/thought well but
because it needed certain conditions to get revealed to you, so you can
experience it in your life. Is a perception, you can always question it,
YES, YOU CAN ALWAYS QUESTION IT, and ultimately discard it for a
rational explanation or not enough evidence but if you actually go for
the facts and don't get stuck so much of the how it happened, you can
see yourself changed by that experience and became a believer, because
you experienced something that no rational thinking can explain not even
your own.

Darren, I'm just describing here what mostly happened to me and other
spiritual/religious people, I'm not saying: "this is an irrefutable
deduction and if you don't agree with it then you are some kind of
retarded moron".

For rational thinking is endless nebula that never clears, for the
believer is a certainty called faith. The closest approach to
spirituality or being is contact with God I can give you: is like being
in-love; no matter how or how many times I describe the feeling you can
only know it by experiencing it yourself.

If you experienced other religious and/or spiritual situations which I
don't know of and still you find yourself an Atheist it may well such a
world be inexistent. That and other stuff will be known when we die, so
is not something

I think nobody but yourself can get you to a spiritual world, once you
experience it you know is there. A spiritual guide, and I don't pretend
to be one, can only do that show you what you could do to experience
spirituality, not give you a magical recipe or some kind of mechanism or
exercise to get there.

Once I heard an Anglican Priest said that we don't get to God, God comes
to us hen we call(pray to) Him, like a 3 year old child to his Mom/Dad.

One "proof" of spirituality could be this experiment made to prove the
healing power of prayers(was an International news on TV you probaly
have saw it): doctor made a wound in the arms of 2 small groups each
with men and women on them, like a 1" "volcano" type of wound made by
Doctors, all nice and controlled by professionals in a medical center,
both groups didn't know what is it all about for real just that they
were going to see how a new drug cured injuries or some story I don't
recall clearly(it's not important either), they went for about 10 days,
daily to the medical center for routine check up and to take the
"experimental drug"(placebo), each person has to go to an isolated room
where He/She put her arm through a hole and leave it there on a small
table to support it for a few minutes, on 1 group nothing was made, on
the other group people came to pray for a few minutes, in silence,
approaching their hands about 7 cms (3") above the injured arm, the the
prayers went off in silence. At the end of the experiment the would that
received prays healed 2 times faster than normal wounds. Both groups
were gather and told the truth and all were AWED :-)

Healing energy transmitted? could be... we don't order individually ever
muscle fiber to do and exact amount of effort to move our body, we give
"general orders" this could be one... for me... it came from God, as a
gift all humans have, or as spiritual people receiving healing powers
from God, what ever, I believe it came from God.

Some others short example could be Mother lifting 1+ Ton. car in flames
to save her son, and stuff that has no rational explanation but
intervention of a Creator, like a father taking care of His(/She/Its)
children. I've read/heard/seen(on TV) many testimonials of people
blessed by God that clears the doubt and puts a sense of belief on me.

I only recommend religion/spirituality because sometimes the world is
cruelly unmerciful, and people loose hope, faith, even the will to do
things or even live, because this reality can't be it, I resist that
idea, for many reasons, so much suffering and struggle in life has to
pay a better faith than just cease to exist, my life has to worth
something else, has to be a testimony and a justification of my
existence on this planet and the goodness and wrongness of my deeds and
misdeeds, IT HAS BE/MEAN MORE!

Maybe is a necessary voluntary mass brain wash for some of us, to relief
pain and daily burden of our normal troublesome existence, like smoking
or taking a beer but I feel, my reason says my feeling is OK and then I
believe in this Divine Power, in my daily life, in my good deeds on
unexpected rewards that later you realize later it has to be from God
because there is a connection.

I believe He is out there, watching us, with love, with caring, with
goodness, like a father to his 3 year old child :-)

Why God then doesn't get us all that we want? because what we need is
enough. Comes to my mind a song: Rolling Stones - You can't always get
what you want.

Peace brothers.