POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : solar system orrery ver1 : Re: solar system orrery ver1 Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: solar system orrery ver1
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Jan 2009 00:08:46
Message: <496d735e@news.povray.org>
Running this scene as an animation again tonight I noticed how I neglected
to put clock in for a quick animation, something like
 -ki0 -kf1 -kfi1 -kff100
for cmd: where I had already put a -w640 -h640 +a
For those unaware, you may right-click this line in the POV for Windows
editor to send it to the command line.

I'm accustomed to using the resolutions drop-down list containing my own
items with various animation parameters instead of the command line, so that
was something I meant to say before when posting this. Just make sure you
also put some number with clock in the Years=. Hope that helps.

Decided to put the resized image maps here in solarsystem-maps.zip. Maybe
that's OK... if I understand the terms I found at the web site where I think
most of these might come from, that being not to redistribute the images
unchanged (these are all down-sized).
Look at http://planetpixelemporium.com/planets.html for full-sized planet
image maps. I hadn't intended to zoom the view into planet surfaces but you
might. In fact, asteroid Ceres uses a different Pluto rendition (and Pluto
is Jupiter's moon Ganymede!).

One other thing... my choice of file name was a bad one for animations. The
ver1 ending gets numbers added to it, making it become ver101, ver102,
ver103... ver110 for a ten frame animation. So you should probably use
another output name. I will be sure to change that if I ever post another
version. Mistakes were rampant in that file as I readied it for posting
here, it could have many things wrong still. You've been warned.
;^)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'solarsystem-maps.zip' (639 KB)