POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:17:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 21:08:10
Message: <496d490a$1@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> there are things that when you analyze
> them has subtle spiritual features if you are willing to admit such a
> possibility

I'm willing to admit such a possibility. I'd like to hear some of your
suggestions, tho.

I'll note, however, that "spiritual features" does not mean "my personal
invisible friend has caused it."

> I believe there is more than meets the eye and more
> than science in the Universe.

Of course there is. That doesn't mean it's (a) your God, (b) anyone else's
God, or (c) unnatural.

> Is not something me or anyone can convince you, is something you have to
> search for yourself, search the truth about spirituality, make your
> spiritual homework and see what happens.

And here, once again, is the "if you disagree, you didn't think about it
hard enough, or you're stupid" approach to argument. Do you really think
that neither Patrick nor I have searched for the truth about it?

Just look at what you're saying, and see if you don't recognise how
obnoxious you're being.

"I wonder what you're afraid of that keeps you from agreeing with me?"

"You really should think about it pretty hard, and then you'll see I'm right."

> Finally I'm sorry but I won't read what the Atheist ex-Priest wrote

"Because I know I'm already right, I won't listen to anyone like you, but
I'll assume you never listened to anyone like me, because if you did, you'd
obviously already agree."

> since I think Atheist are short sighted spiritually and they just
> speak/write from that POV, maybe later as a curiosity.

"And besides, you already agree, you're just too stupid to notice it."

Obviously I'm exagerating this, but it really is essentially what you're
saying by continuing to argue like this.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?