POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 20:59:22
Message: <496d46fa@news.povray.org>
Saul Luizaga wrote:
> but don't you feel there is something else than just
>  a bunch of molecules that gives emotions and memories to you,

Yes.

> you actually think where are biological robots of Evolution?

Yes, in the sense that I think you mean it.

> That we are what we are because Natural Evolution created life and that's it?

Yes.

Those things are not mutually contradictory. It's entirely possible to be
"just a bunch of molecules" and for there to be something more that gives
emotions and memories.

"Don't you think there's more than just transistors and silicon and wires in
your computer that make it capable of processing Word documents? Surely a
rusty metal plate that's just like my metal plate can't hold your thoughts
and feelings while you're not thinking them."

> Darren, I value Astronomy, Science, Raytracing, Music from group Era and
> Enya and other stuff, by themselves and as a gift from God to us, you
> misinterpreted me my friend.

I didn't say "value". I said "inspire awe". :-) When using the same
terminology and arguments as others whose goal is to destroy you, you might
want to consider what the other person might associate with the phrases you
use. I am not sure I misinterpreted, since I didn't take you to be
particularly attacking me. I merely took you to be crass and hubric, not
intentionally offensive or threatening. :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?