POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 13 Jan 2009 20:07:02
Message: <496d3ab6@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Saul Luizaga wrote:
>> voluntarily blind to spirituality
>
> I double-ice-cream-dare you to watch these without a sense of awe.
> (Except for the brief excerpt of the Numa Numa guy in the middle, of
> course.)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNhw888XmM
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3fOXt4MrOM
>
> I pity those who need a God to provide their spirituality, sense of
> beauty, or their knowledge of good and evil.

OK guys, I think I let myself carried away and went a little harsh on
Patric, but I felt a little offended when he minimized some things that
I find great and important, but now I see he was only expressing his
POV, that is Point of View... STOP RAYTRACING THAT MUCH! :-).

Patrick, I apologize if I offended you. Let me tell you that you can't
find God, God finds you IF you actually are looking to meet Him/Her/It.
You write like you actually don't care about spirituality but you care
enough to write a justification about its inexistence, so maybe you feel
the spiritual vibe but not in a classical way but your own... I'm only
guessing of course, but don't you feel there is something else than just
  a bunch of molecules that gives emotions and memories to you, you
actually think where are biological robots of Evolution? That we are
what we are because Natural Evolution created life and that's it? Even
that thinking is logical somehow I doesn't satisfies me, not even close.

I respect your POV and is simply logical to think that way but I think
there is more, much more... When I had ega enough to go "religious" and
my Mom told me about God that created the Universe and stuff I had
already saw documentaries about the Universe and it just made perfect
sense to me; I'm not trying to convince you about anything just giving
you my POV.

andrel, the Bible was written as "poetry" in some points to better
describe God deeds, so you are taking it the wrong way.

Darren, I value Astronomy, Science, Raytracing, Music from group Era and
Enya and other stuff, by themselves and as a gift from God to us, you
misinterpreted me my friend.