POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : solar system orrery ver1 : solar system orrery ver1 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:48:36 EDT (-0400)
  solar system orrery ver1
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Jan 2009 19:54:02
Message: <496d37aa@news.povray.org>
A scale model of the solar system, differing scales for the smaller and
larger planets so they fit together into a single scene. This doesn't have
the image maps included but maybe I could post them later, they came from
various online sources I've forgotten. Easily replaced by ones you might
have already and/or could download. Best to resize to small low resolution
(I used 720X360) for speed of renders, especially during animations.

Things to do: orbits lack actual orientation with regard to stars (no star
background either) or real time, or much else aside from their scaled sizes,
tilts, inclines. So a version 1.1 or 2 is always possible.

This is free to use, modify as you please, without credit due.
--
/*bob hughes*/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: