POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 07:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 13 Jan 2009 17:09:31
Message: <496d111b$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:59:27 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2009 19:09:51 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>If the adjudicator says that your move is OK, then my move is Harrow
>>Road.  Of course, we need to first agree on the adjudication. :-)
>
> The adjudicator has gone for a long sleep so my move is westward to. But
> hold on it is the 13th of the month so I can't do that. I'll go to the
> Queensway invoking the degenerate prism rule.

Now I need to wait for a few hours while I contemplate the next move - as
I'm in the office and as I don't live there, my knowledge of the maps
isn't as comprehensive as yours.

However I seem to recall that according to rule 19f, the degenerate prism
rule can't be invoked during the second full week of any month except
September, nor on alternating Tuesdays (however that would be even-
numbered Tuesdays, so on that score, you'd be OK if it weren't the second
full week of the month).

That said, though, you can make the move without invoking the degenerate
prism rule.  You just don't get the bonus.

Jim