POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Amazon jungle : Re: The Amazon jungle Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Amazon jungle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Jan 2009 13:10:19
Message: <496cd90b@news.povray.org>
> Think of it like a procedure call between machines. :-)

Normally prorams can't call functions in other programs. (Unless you
count the operatin system.) And certainly not in programs runnin on
another machine.

I guess that's what this technology brings to the table. (Whatever the
technology is actually called...)

OOC, is there some better way rather than tunnelling over HTTP? Surely
somebody has already come up with sane designs for this?

>> What's REST then?
>
> Representational State Transfer.   A set of rules that almost nobody who
> claims to use REST actually follows.

Sounds delightful.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/