POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quite rare : Re: AWS Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AWS
From: Darren New
Date: 13 Jan 2009 12:01:24
Message: <496cc8e4$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Ah. So the keys are URL-encoded?

The keys *are* URLs. That's why they think they have a REST interface.

>> Insufficient automation. It should be one click.
>
> How do you log into a website and click some JavaScript-powered buttons
> from a script?

I meant that your offline solution was insufficiently automated, as you
described it just above where I said "insufficient automation."

As for your second question, remember that Javascript only sends stuff over
IP in the first place. You automate it the same way the browser does, if
it's worthwhile.

>>> Er, yeah. This is the problem part. It is almost impossible to get
>>> any SMTP server on earth to accept inbound SMTP messages. I've tried.

>> Um, no, it's not *that* hard, assuming you're subscribed to the ISP.

> Well, I've never got it to work, let's put it that way.

I wish *I* was that good.

> Right. So there *is* a capability to set up multiple user accounts in
> AWS then? (Which is what I was trying to get at.)

I'm not sure what you mean. Firstly, "AWS" isn't all one service. Different
services have essentially unrelated security setups. Secondly, I don't think
you can set up "multiple user accounts" other than setting up a bunch of
individual accounts. You *can* give specific people permissions to do
specific things with specific files or buckets. I.e., I think you can set up
a bucket such that only these specific three people can create files in it.
I'm not sure exactly what the permutations are, tho.

> Well yeah, but you see my point. Figuring out what is and isn't free is
> a complex minefield. The pricing structure is so complicated...

Most pay-as-you-go things are. If you're just interested in S3 and ECC, look
at just those prices.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?