POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Conjugation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conjugation
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2009 04:23:55
Message: <496c5dab$1@news.povray.org>
>> Now, how the **** do I tell them that? (Especially given that they seem
>> to want you to apply using an online application process where you
>> specify a specific job you're applying for, and there doesn't seem to be
>> a way to contact a human about this.) I think if I could just persuade
>> them to interview me and talk to me, they could probably find something
>> useful to employ me for. But how?
>
> Cover letter.
>
> If you can convey this kind of enthusiasm through that, it's a big step toward
> being noticed.  Look online for examples.  Find a way to relate your enthusiasm
> for learning and problem solving to their needs as a company.  I just sent a
> cover letter and resume to a company with one posting for an electrical
> engineer (not me!).  Since it didn't apply, I circumvented the website system
> and send it directly to HR, thinking it would surely disappear into the void.
> Instead, I'll get my chance to talk with them tomorrow morning.  The point is
> that no matter what, the worst they can do is to ignore you, and the best they
> can do is to hire you (OK, not strictly true, but let's be reasonable here).

Yeah, this was my general plan. [Since I'm so rubbish at making phone
calls.] However, they seem to want you to go through their online process.

I guess I could just write a covering letter and send it to their postal
address with "HR" written at the top of the address and hope it somehow
ends up in the right place... Not sure if ignoring their online
application process would get my letter summarily lossed in the bin
though...