POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Conjugation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conjugation
From: Invisible
Date: 13 Jan 2009 04:21:21
Message: <496c5d11$1@news.povray.org>
>> Is that how the game works? Hmm...
>
>   Erm, YES. If you're useful in any regard, they will most definately study
> you with much thought. Bloody hell man, SELL yourself! Jeez, just go for it.

I'm just concerned that I apply for the "wrong" thing, they look, see I
don't have what's wanted for that job, and summarily delete my
application without realising that I'd be useful for some other job they
have. That's all.

> Call them by phone, and tell them that you have more to say than you can on
> the online form! Seriously. Life has many paths, explore the ones that fit
> you best.

They deliberately don't provide a telephone number. You can call their
sales department, or their finance department, but you're not allowed to
call HR. You must use the online form. (Presumably because they get too
many time-wasters...)

>    I think generally, we've been saying this for the last 3 or 4 years now,
> and you've never taken anything on board - or so it seems.

Really? Perhaps the two weeks I spent improving my CV was just a
dream... :-P

>     Good luck with your new job, tell *us* all about it first!  ;)

Like there was ever any debate about that part. ;-)