POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Amazon jungle : Re: The Amazon jungle Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Amazon jungle
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Jan 2009 16:59:51
Message: <496bbd57$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> So... you issue a command, and you receive a reply? And these are both
> formatted as XML?

Yes. Think of it like a procedure call between machines.

> Is the reply necessarily immediate?

In theory, no. In practice, yes.

> If I'm understanding this correctly, that means that you can make Amazon
> start or stop a virtual server by sending a lump of XML to it over HTTP.
> Is that about right?

Exactly.  I have a library to do just that, only it uses the REST interface
(which isn't really REST) to do so.

Also, http://console.aws.amazon.com/ lets you do it all from a web browser,
or so they just announced. I haven't tried it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?