POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The Amazon jungle : Re: The Amazon jungle Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Amazon jungle
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jan 2009 16:43:58
Message: <496bb99e$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> Amazon appears to be talking about SOAP.
>
> SOAP, conceptually, is pretty simple. You take the arguments to the
> procedure and wrap them up in XML. You put the function you're calling
> into the headers. You post the message (with appropriate crypto
> signatures if necessary) to the appropriate URL. You get back from the
> web server your answer, probably again wrapped up in XML.

So... you issue a command, and you receive a reply? And these are both
formatted as XML?

Is the reply necessarily immediate?

If I'm understanding this correctly, that means that you can make Amazon
start or stop a virtual server by sending a lump of XML to it over HTTP.
Is that about right?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/