POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Conjugation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conjugation
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jan 2009 15:32:40
Message: <496ba8e8$1@news.povray.org>
>> The thing is, the guys I'm looking at seemingly have a stack of
>> graduate opportunities, all slightly different. I can't see one
>> specific job in their list where I tick *all* of the boxes. But given
>> that I'm the sort of nutcase who is likely to open up Wikipedia and
>> learn about active power factor correction JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT (!),
>
> Well you are also the kind of guy that is *in* wikipedia, not many
> people that will apply for a job there can say that.

Mmm, really?

> Actually... perhaps better if you don't mention it.

Well, I don't know. The whole "I'm so damned bored with swapping tapes
over that I spend all day surfing the net" kinda points out that my
skills are currently vastly under-utilised. OTOH, suggested that I get
bored easily and am inclined to do stuff I'm not supposed to be doing is
probably not a good idea... On balance, I'm unsure which side wins.

> Or, the internet being what it is, shall
> we promote you to a full article including some remarks that may even
> help you in getting a job? We do have stuff enough I would say ;)

LOL! Yes, people of POV-Ray, get me hired!!eleven!

(Let's face it, the chances of you getting me laid are way smaller...)

>> Now, how the **** do I tell them that? (Especially given that they
>> seem to want you to apply using an online application process where
>> you specify a specific job you're applying for, and there doesn't seem
>> to be a way to contact a human about this.) I think if I could just
>> persuade them to interview me and talk to me, they could probably find
>> something useful to employ me for. But how?
>
> You apply for just one of the jobs, preferable one that might suit you,
> and during the interview they will find out which one actually does fit.
>  If there is a lot of jobs open they will in every interview consider
> all jobs.

Is that how the game works? Hmm...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/