POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Conjugation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Conjugation
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Jan 2009 11:14:09
Message: <496b6c51$1@news.povray.org>
>> Rock and a hard place, eh? :-(
>
> No, rock and a great opportunity for you :-)
>
> Of course, I'm not one to talk, being in a similar situation.  I've
> known about another job for about 3 months, but I haven't put together
> my resume or contacted them or anything yet.  It'd be a longer commute,
> but they pay quite a bit better, and I'm 90% certain I'd enjoy the job
> more.  So, why haven't I done anything yet...

Yeah *you*, why haven't you done anything??

[pokes you]

The thing is, the guys I'm looking at seemingly have a stack of graduate
opportunities, all slightly different. I can't see one specific job in
their list where I tick *all* of the boxes. But given that I'm the sort
of nutcase who is likely to open up Wikipedia and learn about active
power factor correction JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT (!), it would seem that
I would be emminently suited to these kinds of jobs - even if I don't
know all the necessary theory right this second. I have the power to
learn it, and that surely is what counts.

Now, how the **** do I tell them that? (Especially given that they seem
to want you to apply using an online application process where you
specify a specific job you're applying for, and there doesn't seem to be
a way to contact a human about this.) I think if I could just persuade
them to interview me and talk to me, they could probably find something
useful to employ me for. But how?