POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Things that annoy me... : Re: Things that annoy me... Server Time
9 Oct 2024 14:32:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Things that annoy me...
From: Invisible
Date: 12 Jan 2009 04:42:52
Message: <496b109c$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Online newspapers that don't tell you where the news happened.  Like
> you're supposed to guess whether the story about the jewish wedding
> being disrupted on the page of "newsday.com" is in Ohio or Gaza.

Uh, yeah.

When I first got a mobile phone, it had some "feature" whereby every now
and them I'd get a text message saying "a man has been stabbed in
Hatfield" or "Granoad as just scored a goal". And I'd be like "WTF? Why
would I care about that?"

Eventually I discovered a way to turn off these pointless messages.

> Right
> up there with "call 9-5 Mon-Fri" without any mention of what timezone
> you're in, like everyone can guess based on the name of your company
> what country you're in, let alone what city.

Ah, another favourit.

But then, that's the power of the Internet, isn't it? I noticed a few
people talking about newegg.com, so I went to investigate. Apparently it
only works in America. Because that's where everybody lives, isn't it?