POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Just a passing thought on religion : Re: Just a passing thought on religion Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Just a passing thought on religion
From: Saul Luizaga
Date: 11 Jan 2009 18:52:28
Message: <496a863c$1@news.povray.org>
My thoughts:

Clarification: I haven't read all posts.

Recently, creationists have claimed that they have found a proof of
creation: something to do with a radiation emitted by certain atoms on
peace of matter, I was very sleepy at the time of seen this on a
sleepless night.

So, that "proof" as any other theory is only that. As some people
pointed out, you cant actually find a single proof of God existence and
probably you wont in your lifetime, hence the belief in God is by faith
and by faith alone. So, my belief is: a Supreme Being that created our
universe, and the universe evolved naturally to create everything else,
maybe even life, a Being that designed matter and energy that could be
the root of a nice existence with free will, so we don't be puppets for
the fun of a Superior Being, so I deduct He loves us so much that would
let it all happen even if that means saying He doesn't exist at all.

I also believe that dying is simply growing up spiritually, going to a
"purely functional" spiritual world where we can see what the real deal
was all about as a child enters the adult world. I think we will be
judged by our hearts and good deeds and not for the following of a "true
religion". Even the Bible says people without law will be judged without
law (in that case, Jewish law, Torah), so I think that day God will
square things for everyone, people that unfairly took advantage for no
good reason and leaved un-judged a "good life" would have their punishment.

I think: God=Love, and from there everything good can come to us, that
is the root of everything good.

  Defining Love as a 100% non-selfish behavior, hence we can't love with
perfection because we always take a little "payment" for us (always a
little selfish at least).

Defining violence as the near 100% selfish behavior.

Is so simple, yet so hard to do...