POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 11 Jan 2009 15:07:25
Message: <496a517d$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
>> Natural is what is observed to be natural, not what the Babble insists
>> must be.
>
> Like Hussein's natural instincts?

Well, if you really want to make the argument that Hussein had some sort
of genetic based mental illness, you might have the point. But, that
just goes back to the lame argument you have been making that such
things are merely "challenges". The irony being, of course, that people
who "do" have those sorts of illnesses, while in the modern world, can
sometimes be medicated, cannot be cured, nor can they be taught to
"control" their illness and "choose" to be sane and rational people. So,
if everything he did was his "natural" instinct, it would mean he was
probably not salvageable anyway, which still contradicts your position.

But, I see you opted to gloss over the false equivalence issue by
changing the subject, which is pretty much what you expect from someone
who can't defend their original claims *of* equivalence. I'll give you a
9 of hearts "muddying the waters", and maybe 8 of clubs "red herring",
from the denialist deck of cards for that one.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();