POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Language : Re: Language Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Language
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 11 Jan 2009 09:56:07
Message: <496a0887@news.povray.org>
Mueen Nawaz wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> When you think about it, the weird thing isn't so much that all human
>> languages are inherantly vague and ambiguous. The weird thing is that
>> this is almost never a problem. In the overwhelming majority of cases,
>> everybody still knows *exactly* what you mean, even though strictly
>> speaking most sentences could have several possible meanings.
>
> 	Communication isn't all verbal.

Indeed. Especially when it's written in a book.

(*I* may have managed to read three volumes of Douglas Adams without
realising it was ment to be funny, but most people don't seem to make
that mistake.)

>> This leaves me wondering... how the **** does the human mind actually
>> work anyway?!
>
> 	You're not the first...

Heh. I'm sure I'm also not the first to suspect that "if brains were
simple enough to understand, we would be too simple to understand them".

> Boy making shadow pictures with his hand: "Look, Daddy, Digital Imaging."

Add the area_light keyword for analogue imagine.

Oh, wait...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/