POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Who says Haskell has no humour? : Re: Who says Haskell has no humour? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Who says Haskell has no humour?
From: andrel
Date: 15 Jan 2009 17:55:42
Message: <496FBF53.7090800@hotmail.com>
On 15-Jan-09 23:33, Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Hmm... well... Adams seems popular. Pratchett I have literally *no
>>> idea* why anybody would like.
>>
>> I though you had never read anything by him?
>
> I've spoken to people who have, and none of them liked him.

And you have talked to a lot of people that do like him.

> Plus the articles on Wikipedia make it sound like the guy was on acid when he
> wrote this stuff. (The selected quotations are pretty disturbing too...)

It will all make sense in context. Yes, even the orang utan, the turtle,
the death of rats and the genetics that could give rise to Miss Susan.
Besides you are missing a lot of in-jokes here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'grimsqueaker.jpg' (47 KB)

Preview of image 'grimsqueaker.jpg'