POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Conjugation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Conjugation
From: andrel
Date: 12 Jan 2009 15:25:06
Message: <496BA788.2040807@hotmail.com>
On 12-Jan-09 17:14, Invisible wrote:
>>> Rock and a hard place, eh? :-(
>>
>> No, rock and a great opportunity for you :-)
>>
>> Of course, I'm not one to talk, being in a similar situation.  I've
>> known about another job for about 3 months, but I haven't put together
>> my resume or contacted them or anything yet.  It'd be a longer commute,
>> but they pay quite a bit better, and I'm 90% certain I'd enjoy the job
>> more.  So, why haven't I done anything yet...
>
> Yeah *you*, why haven't you done anything??
>
> [pokes you]
>
> The thing is, the guys I'm looking at seemingly have a stack of graduate
> opportunities, all slightly different. I can't see one specific job in
> their list where I tick *all* of the boxes. But given that I'm the sort
> of nutcase who is likely to open up Wikipedia and learn about active
> power factor correction JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT (!),

Well you are also the kind of guy that is *in* wikipedia, not many
people that will apply for a job there can say that. Actually... perhaps
better if you don't mention it. Or, the internet being what it is, shall
we promote you to a full article including some remarks that may even
help you in getting a job? We do have stuff enough I would say ;)

> it would seem that
> I would be emminently suited to these kinds of jobs - even if I don't
> know all the necessary theory right this second. I have the power to
> learn it, and that surely is what counts.
>
> Now, how the **** do I tell them that? (Especially given that they seem
> to want you to apply using an online application process where you
> specify a specific job you're applying for, and there doesn't seem to be
> a way to contact a human about this.) I think if I could just persuade
> them to interview me and talk to me, they could probably find something
> useful to employ me for. But how?

You apply for just one of the jobs, preferable one that might suit you,
and during the interview they will find out which one actually does fit.
  If there is a lot of jobs open they will in every interview consider
all jobs.