POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Noobulation! : Re: Noobulation! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Noobulation!
From: andrel
Date: 12 Jan 2009 15:13:28
Message: <496BA4CE.6040900@hotmail.com>
On 12-Jan-09 11:18, Invisible wrote:
> Tim Cook wrote:
>> At least WordPerfect had this additional feature called Grammatik
>> that'd check the grammar of your document in addition to spelling, and
>> that would pick up errors like that (and whether you're using passive
>> or active voice, et cetera).
>
> Word has a "grammer check" feature that tells you almost every sentence
> is structured wrong and suggests that you rephrase it to sound like
> Master Yoda. (E.g., change "this is going to be a problem" to "a problem
> to be this is".) I never use that feature. ;-)
>
> In short, nothing I've seen reliably replaces a human proof-reader.
Today I was writing a somewhat formal piece. On some words my open
office complained that I should perhaps rephrase because it was 'written
language', hmm, yes, what exactly do you think am I doing? Other words
that I regularly use are apparently 'Belgian Dutch'. What I normally do
is leave the check on and see if I agree, sometimes it is right and
sometimes it is plain silly,