POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quite rare : Re: Quite rare Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quite rare
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 10 Jan 2009 16:11:34
Message: <49690f06$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> ...and it *wasn't* spam. It was actually from a real company that I
>> really do transact with. How rare is that?
>
> Are you sure it wasn't spam that happened to be pretending to be one of
> the companies you do business with?

Well, let me put it this way: The entire email failed to contain *any*
links at all. (They merely asked me to log in to update my details.) It
greeted me by the actual username with their system. The email contained
the (correct) last few digits of my card number. And the company in
question is tiny and virtually unknown anyway.

But sure, theoretically it could be a huge coincidence... ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/