POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scale radiosity data with focal blur : Re: Scale radiosity data with focal blur Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale radiosity data with focal blur
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 10 Jan 2009 12:24:14
Message: <4968d9be@news.povray.org>

> What type of artifacts are we talking about? Black splotches? Generic
> "dirty" look? Or the horizontally-smeared artifacts typical for samples
> gathered during final trace?

   Look at the images I just posted on p.b.i. (just forget about the ugly
compression) : the number on the file names reflect the cases I listed. Look
at the second image and you will see artefacts on the edges between
surfaces. These can be worse in "real" scenes with finer radiosity settings,
appearing as horizontal lines on the shadows.

> If we're talking about the latter, then those are very strange results;
> maybe there's a secret hidden in this approach that might help design a
> faster pretrace algorithm.
>
> Does changing the focal blur aperture have an effect on this?

   Hmmm... didn't try this, I just assumed that aperture didn't matter. Will
try it later...

   Regards,

--
Jaime