POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scale radiosity data with focal blur : Re: Scale radiosity data with focal blur Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scale radiosity data with focal blur
From: Alain
Date: 9 Jan 2009 14:59:39
Message: <4967acab@news.povray.org>
Dan Connelly nous illumina en ce 2009-01-09 13:45 -->
> Would jitter do the same?  It seems focal blur is:
> 1. relatively expensive
> 2. introduces an artifact, as it's depth-dependent
>
> Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
>>   A quick note about something I just discovered...
>>
>>   When using two-pass radiosity, if you use a little focal blur during
>> the
>> first pass (just a few blur samples is enough), the you can scale up the
>> render size on the second pass without suffering the typical artefacts
>> (and you don't need to use focal blur on the final pass).
>>
>>   I've used this trick successfully with the first pass at 320x240 and
>> the second at 1024x768. So, for the first pass I'm now using that in
>> the camera:
>>
>>   aperture .01 blur_samples 7 focal_point <,,>
>>
>>   Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Jaime
With this little samples, it's not realy expensive. Also, the sampling is
normaly jittered.
What it does here, is to force the taking of some more radiosity samples during
the first pass.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you've gained twenty pounds