POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scale radiosity data with focal blur : Scale radiosity data with focal blur Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:33 EDT (-0400)
  Scale radiosity data with focal blur
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 9 Jan 2009 13:43:31
Message: <49679ad3$1@news.povray.org>
A quick note about something I just discovered...

   When using two-pass radiosity, if you use a little focal blur during the
first pass (just a few blur samples is enough), the you can scale up the
render size on the second pass without suffering the typical artefacts (and
you don't need to use focal blur on the final pass).

   I've used this trick successfully with the first pass at 320x240 and the
second at 1024x768. So, for the first pass I'm now using that in the camera:

   aperture .01 blur_samples 7 focal_point <,,>

   Regards,

--
Jaime