POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Unit testing - simple question with long explanation for discussion... : Re: Unit testing - simple question with long explanation for discussion... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unit testing - simple question with long explanation for discussion...
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jan 2009 13:24:02
Message: <49679642$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> As I say, when I run it in Ghostscript, it works just fine.

I don't know how ghostscript works per se. You're sending it to the printer,
or the screen?

The point is the PS interpreter in the printer has no good way of knowing
you're done with the page, unlike ghostscript, so you have to add specific
code to the postscript on a printer to say "I've generated the bitmap, so
send it to a page now."  IIRC, that command is called "showpage".

Ghostscript on the screen renders as it interprets, so that's different.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?