POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jan 2009 12:40:21
Message: <49678c05$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Probably some sort of continuous calibration system to account for
> temperature changes etc, I guess the head movement mechanisms need to be
> controlled pretty accurately!

Interesting idea. Maybe I'll leave it on for a few minutes, idle, and see if
it keeps making noises after it has been spinning for a while.

As an aside, it turns out that on CDMA at least, the list of cell phone
numbers that should start ringing during this 1.25 time fits in one or two
packets, and is sorted by phone number, so while you're listening, if you
hear a higher phone number in the list, you can power down. It turns out you
have to adjust the sleep timer depending on how many phone numbers you
listened to, because running the receiver heats up the quartz crystal
differently depending on how long it runs, so the timer runs at a different
speed, and you'll miss your wake-up window if you don't.  Pretty intensely
complicated inside there.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?