POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: Invisible
Date: 9 Jan 2009 09:28:51
Message: <49675f23$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> No serious PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). Safety boots, jeans, tee shirt,
> overalls, leather/cotton gloves and hard hat. I tried removing my tee shirt but
> the metal on the overalls was too hot to touch. I know what the temperature was
> because I took a mercury thermometer up to check as I wanted to know what the
> temperature was and a bi-metallic strip thermometer was reading over 100C.

can only assume that your drenched clothing somehow kept you a few
degrees cooler than that or something. (Surely water must evapourate
stupidly fast at almost boiling point!)

Reminds me of the time I was trapped by a fire. I didn't realise that
skin could actually excrete water that fast. I'm not kidding, I had
water *pouring* off me like water flows out of a tap. I have no idea how
much water there is in the human body, but I'd suggest fatal dehydration
couldn't take very long at that speed. (I had one *bad* headache
afterwards!)