POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 8 Jan 2009 13:45:08
Message: <496649b4$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Austin wrote:

> I have an aspire 5100 that did the same thing for about the 1st year
> that I had it.

Oh... good. o_O

Nice to know it's well-designed then. :-/

Seriously, I bought my sister a new laptop because hers was lame. This
new one is really failing to impress me.

> Now it works flawlessly - I don't know what fixed it, and I don't know
> what was wrong, but it doesn't lock up anymore at all.  I can't remember
> the last time it froze.
>

> My guess was the wireless drivers, but I have nothing to substantiate
> it.  Try using it with the wireless turned off and see if that changes
> anything.

Well, initially I didn't even *install* the wireless drivers. (I
couldn't, because I didn't have them to hand.) Made no difference. Ditto
for sound and video.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/