POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Three Vista annoyances so far : Re: Three Vista annoyances so far Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Three Vista annoyances so far
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jan 2009 13:36:26
Message: <496647aa@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Yeah, like apps launched from keyboard shortcuts.

Yeah, or from (say) the calculator button. Or based on a timer, it seems.

Oh, and another flaming annoyance: they now make it difficult to say "I want
to *view* the picture with the normal preview program, but I want to *edit*
the picture with (say) photoshop". Apparently, putting this in some advanced
setting so you don't have to dick with the registry was too difficult.

Now that I know how to run VMs, maybe I'll see if Windows 7 is any good
before I buy it. :)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?