POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: Tom Austin
Date: 8 Jan 2009 09:55:27
Message: <496613df$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> OK, so here's a question...
>
> My sister has an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop. It used to work just fine, but
> recently it has developed some disturbing symptoms - basically random
> freezing.

I have an aspire 5100 that did the same thing for about the 1st year
that I had it.  I tried all sorts of things, but no change.  It would
freeze with a weird pattern on the screen and nothing would bring it
back.  I forget if the power button worked or if I had to pull the
battery to get it to turn off.  It was very annoying as whatever I would
be working on would be lost.

I tried reinstalling windows, upgrading drivers, the works, no luck.

I gave up on trying to fix it and just saved frequently.

Now it works flawlessly - I don't know what fixed it, and I don't know
what was wrong, but it doesn't lock up anymore at all.  I can't remember
the last time it froze.

My guess was the wireless drivers, but I have nothing to substantiate
it.  Try using it with the wireless turned off and see if that changes
anything.

Tom