POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Acer Aspire 5000 : Re: Acer Aspire 5000 Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Acer Aspire 5000
From: scott
Date: 8 Jan 2009 04:51:55
Message: <4965ccbb@news.povray.org>
> Well, currently I have installed Windows plus every update that Windows
> Update will give me. I haven't *seen* it crash since that time, but.....

Ah, the joy of *extremely* intermittent faults :-)

Have you looked in the Event Viewer (I think it's called that in XP too) to
see what happened when it crashed?

It seems from your comments that the laptop is still running, just not
responding to user input.  Is this the internal mouse and keyboard? Try
plugging in an external USB mouse next time it "freezes".