POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which would you buy? : Re: Which would you buy? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which would you buy?
From: Darren New
Date: 7 Jan 2009 16:41:40
Message: <49652194$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> I'm running it in an administrator account but not as administrator. When I ran
> it as administrator I got both temps.

The administrator account by default has UAC turned off. Maybe that's what
you mean, or maybe that's info new to you, but I suspect it's the explanation.

> But only the HDD temp shows in the task bar, the core temp does not.

I think the task bar only shows one temperature, and it's set with a
checkmark somewhere in the UI that says which it shows. As long as you see
it on the full window, it's being monitored.  (Same with the fan speed, if
you display that instead.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?