POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jan 2009 13:22:23
Message: <4964f2df$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
>> Nemesis, simple reality, "gay" exists in all species over a certain
>> level of complexity, including deer, dogs, cats, and penguins, etc.
>> Every time someone mentions "denying nature" I know they have a weak
>> grasp of the science of sexual selection, and are just "assuming" that
>> there is some magic part of human (or other animals) natures that are
>> somehow devoid of errors, flaws, deviation, or genetic influence.
>
> Obstacles to overcome.  Don't take that literally.  Not all diseases or flaws
> can be overcome in a physical sense.  I take that to mean to not let such
> obstacles come in your way to happiness (God).  To get around them if not
> possible to overcome them.

In my experience your "way" leads to some of the most unhappy fracking
people I ever met, and they seem to think its their mission in life to
make everyone else unhappy too. Also, isn't it odd that, its its just an
obstacle, the only people claiming to be able to "cure" gayness are the
same ones that lie about everything else in their faith and lives, but
that all the "legitimate" studies indicate that you can't make someone
not be gay?

>> Point is, nature doesn't produce "all male" or "all female" in anything
>> much more complex than a moth, and I am not even sure those wouldn't
>> exhibit some of the same sort of unstable trait drift (to maintain
>> different behavior models for males and females) and population
>> controls, which generates homosexual behavior in mammals. You simply
>> can't use the same blueprint for 99% of the entire animal, which
>> included 99% of what makes it "act" like such an animal, in the most
>> general sense, they expect the other 1%, which has to define body form,
>> differences in physical function, etc., to also "perfectly" designate
>> psychological differences between sexes (despite its total inability to
>> get the first part right and "always" get the shape right either).
>
> All these percentages and statistics are pretty amusing.  Unfortunately, you're
> not referring to just an animal or a simple pile of molecules, but a man, given
> a spirit and free will.

Snort.. There is nothing that makes man so much more special than
anything else that they can "successfully" change their own natures on
such a level, any more than they can imagine themselves into being an
Elf. That you think there is just shows how little you "do" understand
about human psychology and physiology, and how, instead, deeply
dependent you are on made up myths, written by people that also thought
Rabbits chewed cud.

>> And, with all due respect, Hermaphrodites have *tended* to have people
>> choose "for them"
>
> I know.  It doesn't change that they were given choice.

How is someone else choosing "for" you a choice? And, more to the point,
if the choice is then wrong? Show me some study done on real people, not
imaginary ones, which implies that these people "adjust" 100%, and
completely, to what ever "sex" someone chose for them? Or, again, that
any program whose "data" isn't made up bullshit, or disproven by people
continuing their behaviors, even while claiming to be cured, that shows
that sexual orientation "is" something you can choose. Points if you can
find one that I can't refute in 24 hours with a google search, and
without having to resort to talking to people in the actual field of
biology. Its not something you can choose, any more than you can "pick"
whether or not you are allergic to certain foods, or choose to not be
color blind.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {