POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Which would you buy? : Re: Which would you buy? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which would you buy?
From: Invisible
Date: 7 Jan 2009 04:14:09
Message: <49647261$1@news.povray.org>
>> No, the multiple fans make too much noise.
>
> Especially under high load, I'd expect.

There is no noticable variation in the loudness of the system. It sounds
just as loud under no load as it does with 100% CPU and GPU load and all
drives thrashing madly.

>> (Not to mention the two blue LEDs illuminate the entire room
>> sufficiently to enable photopic vision...)
>
> You can't possibly believe this is difficult to solve.

No. But given the noise problem, I have little incentive to dismantle
the case to try to figure out how to disable the fan LEDs without
disabling the fans themselves.