POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:41:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jan 2009 23:23:17
Message: <49642e35$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>>> That's a misunfortunate event for some couples, not like they don't try hard.
>> No, I'm sorry.   It's YAWEH doing it.   Obviously.
>
> Are you sure?  I always thought the one in charge for getting obstacles in front
> of you was Satan.

Actually, isn't the entire Jewish faith based on Abraham overcoming a giant
obstacle put in front of him by God? Namely being asked to sacrifice his son?

And who was it that hardened Pharoh's heart again?

> I don't know my role, let alone yours or anyone else.  But I'm trying my best at
> not looking like a third rate actor.

By the way, here's a completely serious question that isn't intended to
imply anything at all. I honestly am curious at your answer, without
prejudgement.

You seem to be someone who thinks being gay is wrong without being rabidly
homophobic, so I'm wondering how you'd feel...

If you were talking to a strange man, like at a bus stop or a restaurant or
something, and you realized he's gay and hitting on you. How would you feel?
What do you think would be your visceral reaction? (If it has already
happened, what *was* your reaction?)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Why is there a chainsaw in DOOM?