POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 6 Jan 2009 22:55:41
Message: <496427bd$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Clergy here can not do a civil marriage, so that is different. My
>> parents married in the church more than 5 months after their civil
>> marriage. I don't know how (un)common that was in those days.
>
> That is an interesting difference.

	Isn't it the same in the US? For the government to recognize a
marriage, it has to be registered. Isn't the use of religious figures
just a cultural move that has no legal significance?

(Unmarried person asking)

--
"Apple I" (c) Copyright 1767, Sir Isaac Newton.

                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl