POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended : Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Censorship and the Right to Not Be Offended
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 6 Jan 2009 22:28:35
Message: <49642163$1@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:
>>> It's not that.  According to Christian/Jewish religion, to the tale of Adam and
>>> Eve, God made man and woman and made them so that they complement each other
>>> and turn into one flesh by the institution of marriage.
>> The same God that said "go forth and multiply"? So you shouldn't be able to
>> get married if you can't have children?
>
> That's a misunfortunate event for some couples, not like they don't try hard.
>
> Oh, you're talking about 2 guys!  Well, science eventually will get around that.
>  Science already permit many men to pretend they are women, by taking away the
> penis, slashing away a vagina and drinking many hormonal beverages for the
> breasts.  It doesn't change the fact that they were given a role in this world
> as men and are not fulfilling it.
>
>> We're not talking about religion here. We're talking about fundamental human
>> rights.
>
> Right.
>
>> The Mormon god says Africans are decedents of Satan or some such.
>> Does that mean we should reinstitute segregation?
>
> No, Mormonism is a man-made myth.  OTOH, in the Old Testment YAWEH ordened many
> tribes to be slaghtered by the Jews.  It seems they still listen to an enraged
> YAWEH even to this day.

And, if you trace that name back a bit farther than the fracking Babble,
you find that Yaweh is the third son of the one true God, who made all
things. Yaweh was also a warmonger, and assigned to rule over one
kingdom in the ancient world, at least up until all three of the sons
screwed up their collective kingdoms and "daddy" took rule of them all
back. Your point is what exactly? That a large number of people have no
bloody clue what the pre-history of their own religion is, or deny it,
but insist that the whole thing is the word of their God and nothing
prior to Genesis was ever written? Hardly a rousing endorsement for its
prominence as the one true rule book of life, never mind dominance in
modern society (which has more to do with persecution complexes, where
by, by its own rules, every time someone points out that your are an
idiot, you are justified in your faith, because only persecuted people
know the "true word of the lord"). Sorry, but I don't think most people
bought that BS when Christians where 1% of those that rules society, now
that they are 90%+ of the ruling class, it just makes the ones saying it
look like whiny idiots, and makes people question if its worth believing
in the first place.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {